Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Benediction

I love reading the letters in the New Testament and eagerly getting to the end of the letter where the personal side of the writer emerges. Though the book is oft wrought with doctrine, and exhortations, condemnations and rebukes, in the end, a tenderness slips out.

The other day I was teased by a friend that I might say my day has been awful in one sentence, but the next can be dripping with joy and happiness. I certainly would never want to seem insincere or trite in my exuberance over trials, but honestly, isn't that how we really need to face life? Rejoice in hardships and trials. What good does it do to dwell on the downside? There is always an upside, even if it may be in eternity, there will be an upside. So I'm sticking with my happy endings.

Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:20, 21 NKJV)

Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints greet you. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:11-14 NKJV)

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment