Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting in the Christmas spirit

So, I think I'm starting the holidays.  I decorated, I've purchased a few things, the baking is beginning, and the music plays continually.  My girls, who are extremely domestic, are making zucchini bread for the "Women's Gala."  I am not really the "gala" type of gal, but I am trying to embrace the whole idea.

Being so far removed from my family is a challenge, especially at Christmas time.  I long to bake with my mother, go shopping with Julie, and laugh at my dad who is constantly pretending to be the Grinch, which we all know he isn't.  Then of course there is the eating!  But that is a no-brainer.  I love home baked pies and candy.  For the holidays, nothing, and I mean NOTHING should come from a box or a bag!  From scratch is the only way.  But then, is there ever a time that something from a box can possibly taste better than homemade?


No comments:

Post a Comment