Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Tradition




I don't know when it happened but somewhere through the years I have become obsessive about the Christmas tree. For those of you that know me, you might be laughing. But of all my obsessive tendencies, the tree was never one of them. After receiving harassment from some dear friends, I actually got into it. Well, maybe I was still compulsive about the placement of each decoration on the tree, but it was a start.

A few years ago, I decided that it would be best to have a "kids" tree and "my" tree. Trevor helps put the tree up, and then disappears, and then Lindsay, Shelby and Jillian put on the lights and every decoration they can find. It has all the ornaments that they have made over the years, and those that we have been given and then a few that have been purchased.  It is always beautiful!



So if we have a tradition in this family, it is multiple trees. Some for the compulsive, and then those for the free spirited.




2 comments:

  1. trees for the free-spirited or trees for the compulsive....who cares! it's all good...what an awesome family tradition the Howe's have !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny...and it doesn't surprise me AT ALL that you are a bit OCD about the Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete